Our Company Privacy and Cookies Policy
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Our Company Eve’s Cakes (bakery) collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, and credit card information)
- Non-personal identification information (browser name, type of computer, operating systems, internet providers and other similar information)
Additionally, we collect our site statistical and measurement information such as page views, bounce rate, time spent on site and other information to make better user engagement and retention rate. This data will be collected for only our usage and is not sold or disclosed to anyone else.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process this when you:
- Purchase any of our products or services such as cupcakes, cakes for wedding, birthday cakesand any other cake offering or services.
- Voluntarily complete ‘join our newsletter’.
- Provide feedback on any of our products and services
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- When you visit our site – cookies (explained in further topics) and statistical information mentioned under what data we collect.
Or through any other activity, services, features or resources we have made available on our site.
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Process your orders for cakes and cupcakes
- Contact you about enquiries you have requested through phone, email or contact form
- Send an email about special offers on products that we believe you like
- Provide marketing campaigns specially personalised based on your existing purchases and preferences.
Additionally, may share it with the third parties such as:
In order to prevent fraudulent purchase while processing orders, our company may send your data and also use information about you from credit reference agencies.
How do we store your data?
Our Company securely stores your data at Mailchimp, Hotmail and Wix data centres and this data will not be moved or transferred to any other data centres. Thus makes it highly secured as these three platforms have high precaution for the security of the data they store.
If you decide to opt-out from our newsletter or ask your data to be deleted then your data will be permanently deleted from WIX, Hotmail and MailChimp data centres or any other way that it has been stored and collected within 1 year of the notice.
Our company would like to send you information and discount about new products and services that you may like to purchase. Also, we would like to send you marketing information from companies that we have partnered up with.
This will be done only after you have agreed to receive marketing campaigns and emails from us through opting in for our newsletter. You may opt-out at any later date you wish.
Data received will be kept till we provide you with further content, discount or newsletters for which you opted-in. It will be deleted after which we do not provide you with any of those anymore or if you decide to opt-out from our newsletter. Also, when you ask your data to be deleted.
You have the complete right at any stage to stop receiving our marketing campaigns by emails or phones as well as to stop providing your data to our partners and another member of our business.
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request any personal data that our company have about you. There may be a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request our company to correct any information that you may believe is inaccurate. Also, you have the right to request any information to be completed that is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that our company erases your personal data under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
After you have put in a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you wish to exercise any right above, please contact us at:
+353 (0) 85 770 7956
Or write our email at:
Cookies are small files/information about your computer and your visiting behaviour information that is collected automatically and accessed by the web or the client computer. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how you use our website
- Providing marketing campaigns
- Social media targeting
- Retargeting after visiting our site.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – when visiting on our site, we collect cookies information to remember your selected preferences such as cookies accepted, language and location. We use first-party cookies – to collect information on our website. And third party cookies – that our site doesn’t directly collect, but instead gathered by third parties for ad targeting, chatbots and social buttons.
- Advertising – Our company gathers information about your visit on our site, which content you read, the links you clicked, and information about your IP, browser, and device. Our company may share this information with third parties and advertising partners for advertising purposes. Meaning that If you have visited our site and then visit another site, then our products and services advertisements may be shown to you by them.
How to manage cookies
You can at any time to configure your browser settings to not accepts cookies. The way to do this differs for every browser and this website https://m.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies
Note: If you disable cookies from your browser, you may not see some of our site functions and features.
Privacy policies of other websites
While we have links to other websites, our privacy and cookies policy covers only our website. Meaning that if you click links to another site from our site pages, then you should find and read their policy in order to understand how they collect and process your information.
How to contact us
If you have any further enquiry about how to collect your data, what data we store and process, or you wish to exercise any of your data protection rights, then do not hesitate to contact us:
Call us: +353 (0) 85 770 7956
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you have any concern about how we store and collect your information, and wish to report a complaint if you feel unsatisfied, you may contact the data protection commissioner’s office.
+353 578 684 800
+353 761 104 800
21 Fitzwilliam Square South